CURRENT PROJECTS in REGIONAL AUSTRALIA
Place based work in Orange NSW
Schools based and around programs
Sally Foundation proudly supports youth-oriented initiatives in Orange, NSW.
National Program ABC Heywire
Young regional Australians making a difference
Sally Foundation provides mentoring and financial support to the Heywire program to help communities take action on ideas generated by young Australians
Place Based Program
ABC & FRRR take Heywire out to regional communities
Sally Foundation provides financial support to help facilitate this innovative program being taken into schools in the regional towns.
National Program ABC Trailblazers
Spreading the word on young, regional change makers
Sally Foundation is working with the ABC to strengthen the ability of young, regional changemakers to implement their ideas
In regional Australia, Sally Foundation’s mission is to assist:
- Young people up to the age of twenty-eight (28) in regional Australia as they transition from Primary to Secondary and from school to work or further study. We aim to help them to develop greater social capacity, resilience and leadership skills through building strong connections with their local community as evidenced by:
- increased engagement in education and / or skills training towards employment pathways
- fostering collaborative decision making within the greater community and
- supporting start-up businesses utilising skill base of local community.
2. Local communities taking action to improve the fabric of their community and its longevity.
We aim to do this by efficiently partnering with organisations who have relationships on the ground in the local area and who have a similar ethic of improving local people’s lives in such a way that it fosters the principles of accountability, self-help and sustainability.